Madame Tussaud's
Last year when Dave and I were in London, we didn't get a chance to go to Madame Tussaud's. It was also really busy because it was summer and tourist-y. A couple of weeks ago, it was not so busy, and we got 2 for 1 tickets because we took the train in. So it was a better visit than it would have been last year anyway.The first few rooms are pretty much all movie stars, as obviously they are the big draws. They're arranged pretty well, just sort of standing around in various places. In fact, a lot of people didn't realize that some of them were wax and not real people. Specifically, I saw three people bump right into Samuel L. Jackson and not notice.

He was one of the most realistic ones.

In my opinion, the most realistic one of all. Will Smith, not what's-her-face next to him. When I took this picture the reflection of the flash in his eyes was creepily like real eyes.

For all the wrestling fans. Sadly, the Rock can't be that popular anymore because he was tucked away against a wall. But at least he beat Tom Baker as Dr. Who, who apparantly exists in wax form, but wasn't even on display. Sadness.

Some sci-fi icons are still cool though.

While I'm putting up pictures of Dave, here's one of him and his fellow Scotsman, Billy Connolly.

And again with the Beatles.

I don't think you could make a statue of Freddie Mercury in any other pose. It just wouldn't be right.

I suppose it's only fair, since I've put up pictures of Dave, that I post one with me in it, so here I am as a decidedly over-dressed Bond girl.

This and Mr. Connery were in the section of people dressed up as their characters. I like how they captured his stubble.

There was a room of historical and political figures, but not many of my pictures from there turned out as well. The lighting wasn't as good and a lot of the models were older and didn't look as realistic. But this picture of Winston Churchill turned out pretty well.
There was also a ride incorporated into the building which took you through British history. A lot of the good models of historical figures were in there, but you weren't allowed to take pictures.
As part of the 2 for 1 deal we had to include the Chamber Live on our tickets, which was basically a haunted house with live actors. It was funny because the people ahead of us in our group were terrified and wouldn't move forward half the time. Dave and I ended up going first, but then of course noone jumped out at us, because we didn't look worried, and the scaredy-cats still got the most attention.
There was also the Chamber of Horrors section with models of murderers and such, but it was far too dark in there and all the models were behind glass, so I couldn't get any pictures of anything but the reflection of my flash. I did manage this one ok though.

It's the actual guillotine blade that beheaded Marie Antoinette. Morbid.
And that finishes my backlog of pictures and catches me up to the right time again.

1 Comments:
Wow! Those statues of Dave Connor are SO realistic!
Post a Comment
<< Home